Thursday, July 14, 2011

How I got started!

     I grew up with a very creative mother where normal gifts just don't cut it.  So when my neighbors announced they were having twins and the father started panicing over how many diapers they were going to need that got me to thinking.  What can I make out of diapers that is cute, fun, and unique?  Just giving them a box of diapers would never do and was not how I was raised.  So I decided how about diaper wreaths, coincidentally the twins were born around Christmas time but it was also something that I could make two of.  I was so excited about how the diaper wreaths turned out and my neighbors loved them. Not only were they full of diapers but I also added some cute other gifts to them.  I tied on onsies, pacifiers, and for the center I dangled a carseat toy. 
     This only inspired me to try more things.  I started out by making a diaper cake for my sister-in-law but then decided to get even more creative from there.  I did some research online and found diaper tricycles.  Diaper trikes are wonderful not only are they full of diapers but they are include 2 recieving blankets, two bibs, a pair of baby socks, and a bottle! The best part is they can be completely customized to any theme.  My sil had a Dr. Seuss theme so I added a Cat in the Hat to the trike.  I have also created diaper motorcycles too!  The possiblities are endless!  I have a lot of fun creating these and hope you enjoy them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment